Being a leader is all about making a difference in the lives of others!
The Camp S.W.A.G. Youth Leadership Program is open to all middle and high school students aged 13-19 years of age.
This nine-month CSWAG Youth Leadership Program is a membership program designed to encourage its members to make a difference in their community by fostering respect, independence, mutual understanding, civic engagement among their peers and building strong long-lasting relationships. Members will gain a better understanding of who they are, who they aspire to be, what they have to offer no matter what profession they decide to purse.
The CSWAG Youth Leadership Program provides a safe non-judgmental and caring environment where members can come together and explore what leadership is and looks like their community. The program is designed to spark imagination and creativity, promote honest and clear communication, develop complex listening skills, and collaborative thinking.
The CSWAG Youth Leadership Program is focused on empowering tomorrows leaders, by providing the following programs, workshops, resources and events that promote leadership skills:
- Free Resident Leadership Camp for One Week at the end of each program
- Two-Hour Weekly Leadership Meetings
- Volunteer Community Service Projects
- Youth Development Activities
- Leadership Interactive Activities
- Participate in Organized Meetings with Community Leaders
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Skills
- Persuasive Communication Skills
- Team Building Skills
- Self-Esteem Building Skills
- Goal Setting
- Become CSWAG Ambassadors for the Leadership Program
- Local Field Trips
- In-State Field Trips (Additional fees may apply)
- Out-of-State Field Trips (Additional fees apply)
- Out of Country Field Trips (Additional fees apply)
- Conduct and Facilitate Fundraisers to Pay for Field Trips
- Guest Speakers
- And Much More…
At the end of the CSWAG Youth Leadership Program, members graduate feeling empowered to be leaders of their schools, their communities, among their peers and are more in control of their decisions and their lives.
2017-2018 CSWAG Youth Leadership Program Dates:
September 14, 2017 – June 28, 2018
Thursday evenings 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Location: Bond Park Community Center (Tentative Location)
Youth Leadership Graduation: July 1, 2018
If you are interested in the Youth Leadership Program in your area, please give Kathy a call at (919) 443-5866.
Cost: Free to all Youth Leadership Program Members
When: One week in July of 2018 (Date TBD)
Where: Singletary Lake Park
While Resident Leadership Camp is FREE to all CSWAG Youth Leadership Program members, you MUST register and submit all required medical form.
Cost and Fees
Cost: $1000 for nine-month program, plus a $75 one-time non-refundable application and processing fee.
Youth Leadership Program Payment Plan:
Complete the Youth Leadership Program Application or visit Camp S.W.A.G. Payments and select “2017-2018 Youth Leadership Program (Payment Plan).” Submit complete application via email to Membership. Membership is not complete until all fees are paid in full.
- 1st Payment – $408.33 ($333.33 plus one-time non-refundable processing and application fee of $75)
- 2nd Payment – $333.33 (30-days from initial payment date)
- 3rd Payment – $333.33 (60-days from initial payment date)
Please give us a call at (919) 443-5866 with any questions.
Program Application Process:
- Complete the Online Youth Leadership Program Application or download the application below with your membership fees.
- Complete, sign and return the following forms:
CSWAG Youth Leadership Application (Payment is due upon receipt of application)
Photo Release Form
- Forms can be submitted via email to Membership or send to the following address:
Camp S.W.A.G. Membership
Youth Leadership Program Application
P. O. Box 3392
Cary, NC 27519
ALL FORMS ARE DUE THE DAY OF YOUR INTERVIEW
Once you have completed the application and remitted payment, you will be contacted within 24 hours to schedule an interview with the CSWAG Youth Leadership Program. Please bring all completed forms to the interview. Your child will not be allowed membership without membership fees and completed forms.
Email completed application and forms to CSWAG Youth Leadership Program Membership.
Providing false information may result in disqualification from participation in CSWAG Youth Leadership Program. Your membership fees and dues will not be reimbursed.
In addition, the youth that you recruit into the program will receive a 10% discount on the Youth Leadership Program.
If you have any questions, please contact CSWAG via email at Membership or give Kathy a call at (919) 443-5866 for more details.
Volunteer Youth Leadership Program Ambassadors
Camp S.W.A.G. is looking for five Volunteer Youth Leadership Program Ambassadors to help promote the program. All volunteers will receive free admission to the program. If you are an adult ambassador, you will be allowed to sponsor one teen for the Youth Group Mentoring Program.
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at (919) 443-5866.
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer Youth Leadership Program Ambassador, please complete the volunteer form below: