The Camp S.W.A.G. Girls Youth Leadership Program (GLP) is open to all eligible female high school students.
Middle School Girls, please visit Girls Leadership Program for Middle School Girls.
This life-changing program inspires high school girls to realize their dreams and develop strong relationship with other youth leaders and adults. We address the issues that are most important to high school girls through group interactions and activities that promote leadership.
Our Mission for the Girls Leadership Program
The purpose of this 12-month all Girls High School Leadership Program is to addresses the unique issues that teenage girls face everyday. Our goal is to empower girls and help them develop vital leadership skills that will sustain them throughout their lives. This character building program is designed to assist every girl in finding her true voice in the world, so that she is self-confident, empowered and proud in middle school, when preparing for high school and beyond.
WHAT WE DO
The Camp S.W.A.G. Girls Leadership program is designed to ensure that each participant develop leadership skills via our strong curriculum which is taught by well-trained and skilled facilitators. The program provides a safe non-judgmental and caring environment where girls can come together and explore what leadership is and looks like their community. Our leadership program will spark imagination and creativity, promote honest and clear communication, develop complex listening skills, and collaborative thinking.
The Girls Leadership Program for High School Girls is focused on empowering tomorrows female leaders, by providing, workshops, resources and events that promote leadership skills.
CSWAG Uniforms & Gear
- CSWAG Blazer
- CSWAG Polo Shirt
- CSWAG T-shirt
- CSWAG Hoodie
- CSWAG ID Card
- Out of Country Field Trip – The Leaders Vote on the Destination and We’re Off
- San Francisco Field Trip
- All Girls One-Week Overnight Resident Leadership Camp either all Girls Leadership Camp or One-Week Co-Ed Resident Youth Leadership Camp
- Magic Mountain Field Trip
- Hiking in Santa Monica Mountains
- White Water Rafting
- Weekend Ski Trip
- Additional Local Fields to be Scheduled
All field trips will take place when the leaders are not in school, most are in the summer and during spring break. Some field trips require additional fees.
Meetings & Activities:
- 12 Month Program
- 4 Hour Monthly Meetings & Leadership Activities
- Free Lunch Included During Meetings & Leadership Activities
- 1 1/2 Hour Monthly Girls Group Mentoring Sessions (Optional for Leaders)
- Graduation Ceremony
- Teen Talent Show Committee & Volunteer Opportunities
- Paid Internships
- Networking Skills
- Red Cross Volunteering (Must be 16 or older)
- CPR Training & Certifications
- Volunteer Community Service Projects
- Girls Youth Development Activities
- Interactive Leadership Activities
- Participate in Organized Meetings with Female Community Leaders
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Skills
- Persuasive Communication Skills
- Team Building Skills
- Self-Esteem Building Skills
- The Mirror is My Friend
- Goal Setting & Time Management Skills
- Financial Literacy Workshops Specifically for Girls
- How to Deal With Bully’s
- Developing Positive Relationships
- Become CSWAG Ambassadors for the Girls Leadership Program
- Become a Girls Leadership Program Advisor to Middle School Girls
- Conduct and Facilitate Fundraisers to Help Pay for Field Trips
- Guest Speakers
- Family Nights
- Teen Parties
- Holiday Events
- And Much More…
At the end of the Girls Youth Leadership Program a graduate ceremony will be held. Girls graduate feeling empowered to be leaders of their schools, their communities, among their peers and are more in control of their decisions and their lives. They graduate with a sense of purpose, love and respect for themselves and their community.
All applicants must:
- Be female students currently be enrolled in high school in the Los Angeles area
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.2 and must be in academic standing and have no attendance or disciplinary problems at their school.
- Complete a Girls Leadership Program Application and interview with Camp S.W.A.G. Leadership Program Advisory Panel.
- References – Provide at least three references (2) from school teachers and (1) from a coach, counselor, principal, pastor, work supervisor, community member, etc.
- Official copy of school transcripts (Please bring sealed official transcripts to orientation and interview).
- Pay all tuition and fees via Camp S.W.A.G. Payments or apply for a limited number of Financial Need Based Scholarship. Please contact us at (424) 354-9196 if you wish to apply for the Financial Need Based Scholarship.
Application & Forms:
- Online Girls Leadership Program Application or download the Girls Leadership Application.
- Recommendation Form (3 Recommendations, see above for details)
Photo Release Form
Forms can be submitted via email to Membership. Once all forms and payments have been received, you will immediately receive email confirmation of your registration. We will contact you with 24-48 to schedule a brief telephone interview to prepare you for orientation and panel interview.
Girls Youth Leadership Program Date (Los Angeles, California):
January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018
Every other Saturday 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Orientation is January 6, 2018 from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
LOCATION: Pan Pacific Recreation Center, 7600 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036
Santa Monica location (26th & Santa Monica Blvd.) coming soon in January 2018 – Stay Tuned
If you are interested in the Girls Leadership Program in your area, please give Dorothy a call at (424) 354-9196.
Cost: Free to all Girls Leadership Program Members
When: August of 2018 (Date and location TBD)
Resident Leadership Camp is FREE to all CSWAG Youth Leadership Program members, but you MUST register and submit all required medical form.
Tuition and Fees
$5,500.00 for 12-month program, plus a $500 one-time non-refundable administrative fee, inclusive of all CSWAG uniforms.
Six-month payment plans available. Please visit Camp S.W.A.G. Payments for more details.
There are a limited number of Financial Need Based Scholarships available. If you need financial assistance, please visit Camp S.W.A.G. Financial Assistance.
If you are interested in “Sponsoring” a student for this program, please visit “Sponsor a Leader” or give Dorothy a call at (424) 354-9196.
If you require alternate payment arrangements or have questions about the program, please give Dorothy Lenon a call at (424) 354-9196.
Out of Country Field Trips
There is an additional cost for all out of country field trips, which range from $2500-$5000 depending upon the field trip and length of time. There will be NO field trips to countries that are on the U.S. Passports & International Travel Alerts and Warnings List. Parents and members are encouraged to register in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
Passports are required. However, if your child does not have a passport, we will offer informational assistance in acquiring a passport. Passport fees range from approximately $100 – $175. Please visit Your U.S. Passport for more information or contact U.S. Passports & International Travel at 1-877-487-2778.
All field trips are determined by a vote of all leadership members at the second or third membership meeting. At the first leadership meeting all members are asked to think about where they wish to go and a vote is taken at the second or third meeting.
Fundraising will be orchestrated and carried out by leadership members to assist in the cost of all field trips.
Parents are encouraged to participate as chaperones, if interested. Additional vaccinations may be required for some trips.
Volunteer Girls Leadership Program Ambassadors
Camp S.W.A.G. is looking for five Volunteer Girls Leadership Program Ambassadors to help promote the program. All volunteers will receive free admission to the program. If you are an adult ambassador, you will be allowed to sponsor one teen girl for the Girls Leadership Program.
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at (424) 354-9196.
Interested in becoming a Volunteer Girls Leadership Program Ambassador? Complete the volunteer form below: